|I am the law
||[Feb. 10th, 2008|02:12 pm]
using any system, provided that all parties agree to submit to its authority. This provision is, apparently, currently implemented by British Jewish courts.The most interesting thing to emerge from this Rowan Williams/Sharia law business is the fact that, under current law, certain kinds of civil disputes can be settled by a court |
So I'm setting up my own court. To start with, this will allow people to settle their differences by means of a massive day-long game of Warhammer 40,000. If this proves popular, I will expand to the following methods of justice:
- Trial by thumb-war.
- Trial by who can get the most members for their Facebook group.
- Trial by Magic: the Gathering.
- Trial by naked mud wrestling.
- Trial by Singstar karaoke.
- Trial by randomised legal system. Will you settle your dispute according to the code of Hammurabi, the traditions of the Apache, medieval trial by ordeal, or a game of Twister? It all depends on a roll of the dice!